Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nita Mehta's Cookbook :

I recently bought Nita Mehta's cookbook for children. It's got some real good recipes designed nutritiously  for children. Everyday I break my head over what to cook for him. I stick to the ones that he likes the most and that makes him finish lunch everyday at school. Infact his "aunty" was happy that he finishes lunch everyday. So I had to take this risk to introduce variety and nutrients in his food. The first recipe that I tried out was Matar Paratha..it was basically a stuffed chapathi ,cooked in ghee, with mashed peas and little bit of potatoe. He loved it and gobbled it all up.

The second recipe that I tried from the book was Super Protein Toast. I had to make a paste out of boiled channa dal and split urad dal and cook it with onions and one mashed potatoe. This paste is then spread on one side of whole wheat brown bread and roasted with some oil on a pan. This one was a hit too!

The third recipe that I tried today was Vermicelli Pulao. It was a wonderful recipe with capsicum, carrots, spinach, onion, garam masala and vermicelli. It was all tempered with lots of ghee and cumin seeds. After school when I asked him (with a lot of enthusiastic eagerness) how his lunch was, he told me (poker faced) he did not like it !

No comments: