Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

At sixteen, your hair becomes the most prized asset. And the best part of it is , it is not gender based at all. These days young men spend just the same obnoxious money time and effort on washing, conditioning, spraying, ironing, setting, cutting etc. as young women. The hair stylist becomes your best buddy. Getting that cut right makes you feel confident and enhances your personality.

But as you know a three year old does not see it that way. You see three year olds are different. (They are suspicioulsy alien. Highly independent creatures with strong opinions and with sharp and quick decisive skills. They can challenge and test any adult's physical fitness and mental health. And yet at the same time they are charming you and humouring you.) Hair for a three year old is nothing great. But the process preceding the hair cut, during the hair cut and after it ,is what greatly excites them.

As for Arav, after delaying this day for two months, it had finally come. The Haircut day.

So....:

Arav's hair had grown all out and was begging for a cut. I had to prepare him before taking him to the parlour so i kept telling him that he was having a hair cut ..after which we were getting a lollypop ofcourse.This parlour is really close to my house so i went by bike. I parked and got off the bike and then realized that Arav was still standing near my bike. When I told him (very gently)'lets go'..he said, "I am scared of hair cut!" After reminding him about the lollypop treat that is waiting, I got him in.

Then..:

Then he refused to sit on the chair. I reminded him of the lollypop. He refused to wear the blanket cover. I reminded him of the lollypop. He refused to keep his hands and legs still. he refused to stop talking and shaking his head at the same time. He refused to stop giggling when they applied the razor at the back of his head.Finally after the hair cut he refused to leave the parlour..!

Just when it began to look like we might be locked up in a parlour, he decided to leave. We were getting on my bike and he reminded me of the lollypop!

No comments: