Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The How? (Just when i thought Arav was asking too many whys in one sentence).

The day Arav asked me How was very special. It was like as if I was having a conversation with a research scholar. I am not sure if everybody could relate to this feeling..the moment when your 3 year old reveals his thoughts intellectually. I was purely exhilarated.

I always have to come up with some story for Arav during lunch to help the process.The lunch process could otherwise be very stressful for me.seriously.

So this day i am not sure when..i started as usual:

Me: You know baby, Appa and me went to this beautiful beach and we swam in the sea and saw nemo fishie and some baby sharks.

Arav (eyes all bright and shiny): Woow amma! and then after a short pause during which time he thought of this question i am sure...."where was I?"

Me: "We went to this place before you were born?"

Arav (with a blank expression): "where was i amma?"

Me:..uhh..ummm...(and then with all smiles) In my tummy sweetie.

Arav: Then How I came out Amma?

I somehow knew he may ask me the question and yet i was shocked.Never did i think even faintly that this question would pop up this early.

But he was looking straight at me and asking with so much earnestness that i had to say it...

Me (very pathetically waving my hand over my belly): You just came out...

The "hows" have not stopped from then on..though how it all started is still making me laugh.

No comments: